Premier Medical Acupuncture is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality, cost effective medical care.
Treating infertility with Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine has been recorded in our ancient texts, and even on the backs of turtle shells, for thousands of years. How can this age-old medicine make such a difference? In the last five years, modern empirical scientific research methods have validated these results and science behind many studies reveal that:
1. Chinese medical theory states that Acupuncture can increase blood flow to the reproductive organs, which dramatically improves a woman’s response to the hormonal therapy.
2. Acupuncture has been shown to regulate hormone levels by moderating the release of beta-endorphin levels in the brain, which improves the release of gonadatrophin-releasing hormone by the hypothalamus, follicle-stimulating hormone from the pituitary gland, and estrogen and progesterone levels from the ovary.
3. Acupuncture reduces stress and a hyperactive sympathetic nervous system response.
4. Acupuncture has been speculated to moderate cyclooxygenase and prostaglandin levels in the uterus, reducing uterine motility to improve implantation rates.
5. The American Society of Reproductive Medicine’s Fertility & Sterility Journal has included the utility of acupuncture in conjunction with assisted reproductive technology.